Your responsibilities in this role
- Licensing: Apply for, deliver and maintain our EMI license with the FCA
- Suspicious Activity Reporting: Receive, assess, and escalate reports of suspicious financial activity within the organization. Make Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) when necessary, following all legal requirements.
- AML/CTF Policies: Develop, maintain, and implement effective AML and CTF policies, procedures, and controls. Ensure these policies are in compliance with the latest regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Staff Training and Awareness: Provide comprehensive AML/CTF training to employees, ensuring they are aware of their responsibilities and capable of identifying and reporting suspicious activities. Offer ongoing guidance and support to staff.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure NALA complies with all relevant AML/CTF regulations, laws, and guidelines. Stay updated on changes in regulations and adjust internal processes accordingly.
- Risk Assessment: Conduct risk assessments to identify and mitigate AML/CTF risks specific to the organization. Determine the appropriate risk-based approach to customer due diligence and ongoing monitoring.
- Record Keeping: Maintain accurate and accessible records, including Suspicious Activity Reports, customer due diligence, and transaction records, for regulatory and compliance purposes.